In Munich, it works, as they say. Global companies, known by everyone and the so-called ‘hidden champions’ are at home in Munich and in the district of Ebersberg. Therefore, there are really many reasons for a business trip to Munich, because for many businesses it is better to meet personally.
Of course, many people know Munich and the surrounding areas as a fabulous vacation and short holiday region. That is why it is very important for us to illustrate the economic and the business side of the metropolitan region of Munich.
Data & facts about the economic performance of Munich and the surrounding areas. Do you know them?
- The metropolitan area of Munich is rightly known as one of the leading European economic regions.
- The region has about 6 million inhabitants, of whom 2.56 million are liable to social security contributions. In turn, 18% of them are employed in the areas of trade, gastronomy and transport. Like us.
- With an unemployment rate of only 3.4%, we have almost full employment.
- Munich is the second largest university location in Germany
These selected companies have their headquarters in the economic area of Munich:
- Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
- Allianz SE
- AXA Konzern AG
- Bayerische Motoren Werke
- Baxter Deutschland GmbH
- DANONE GmbH
- Freudenberg Chemical Specialities SE & Co. KG
- Fujitsu Technology Solutions GmbH
- Microsoft Deutschland GmbH
- Oracle Deutschland
- OSRAM Licht AG
- Philip Morris GmbH
- Rodenstock GmbH
- ROHDE & SCHWARZ GmbH & Co. KG
- Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
- Siltronic AG
- SONA BLW Präzisionsschmiede GmbH
- SPINNER GmbH
- Telefónica Deutschland Holding AG
- Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
- Thüga Aktiengesellschaft
- VISPIRON ENGINEERING GmbH
- MSD SHARP & DOHME GMBH
- Novartis Consumer Health GmbH
- PUREN Pharma GmbH & Co. KG
- Roche Diagnostics GmbH
- Sandoz International GmbH
- Wacker Chemie AG
(only a small selection)
Very close to the Erb Hotel you will find, for example, these companies:
- Furniture Store Segmüller
- Feinkost Käfer
- Knitter Switch
- AVT Technologie GmbH
The perfect infrastructure makes it possible
- Munich’s airport has been awarded for the ninth time as the best airport in Europe. 42.3 million passengers arrive and depart each year (2016). A good 100 airlines fly from here to 257 destinations.
- Messe München (Munich Trade Fair) itself organizes around 16 trade fairs and exhibitions and is host to approximately 200 additional trade fairs and major events. For the largest trade fair of Munich, BAUMA, we expect approximately 590,000 visitors.
A good reason why more and more entrepreneurs set up their base in Munich and the surrounding areas is because of the quality of life, which is also due to its high recreational value. At the end, only Munich boasts the world’s largest folk festival which takes place during the Munich Oktoberfest. In fact, in celebrating, we are also world champions. And we are your perfect hosts, if you want to do business in Munich and the surrounding areas. This is made possible by special services for business travelers.